Our farmhouse is beautifully situated in northern Brittany (Cotes d’Armor), located in the village, Prat. From 10 to 25km you will find several white sandy beaches, the pink granite coast, rustic towns such as;
Pleumeur Bodou, Trégastel, Perros Quirec, Lannion, Tréguier.
A 5 minutes walk from Le Cheval Rouge will bring you to our delightful bakery in the village. However, we do have home made bread, -yogurt, and jam.
Brittany is a paradise for nature and sports lovers;
• Walking can be very beautiful here along the famous “Cote Granit Rose”. The GR34 runs along the entire coast of Brittany with breathtaking views. Hikers and nature lovers can fully enjoy here.
• Water sports are popular here. Sailing along the nature reserve islands “Les Sept Iles”, kite surfing in the bay of St Michel en Greve. Swimming is lovely in the sea or you can jump in our pool at the campsite.
• Horse riding is available in Cavan at 5km from Le Cheval Rouge.
• Several different sizes of bicycles are available here. There are beautiful routes in the area.
• Golf is a must: Golf Blue Green Pléneuf-Val-André. However, in Begard (5km) is also an 18-hole golf course.
• Amusement parks, climbing park, planetarium and a zoo are also found nearby
• You can fish at sea from boats or by foot during low tide. You can find many different shellfish here.
In the high season our guests are mainly families with children. We organize various activities for young and old:
• Toddler Weeks in June, especially for families with young children. We offer free activities for toddlers and delicious dinner meals for the parents.
• Walking package; outside the high season we organise individual walking tours for young and old, based on full board and a 2 persons room with private bathroom and toilet.
• Table d’hôte: Chantal strives 100% organic cooking, mainly with products from our own garden. We eat together at a long table in the orchard and enjoy with passion prepared three-course meal. I love vegetarian or vegan cooking, so if you prefer that please let me know.
• Farm visits followed by baking pancakes in the garden.
• Other activities such as yoga, creativities with shells, children’s cooking class, building huts, puppet theatre, children’s disco, etc.
• Chantal likes to bake birthday cakes or fresh quiches, just let her know if you would like one.
Please contact us for more information.